The ULBS is a state higher education institution with 9 faculties and 23 research centers that promotes excellence and sustainability in education and research in a wide range of areas, including biodiversity management.
The social dimension of the ULBS mission is to concretize the meaning of socio-economic policies to contribute to sustainable development, in a multidimensional framework aimed at improving the quality of life.
In the last 5 years, ULBS has conducted over 120 research projects with national and international funding, 36 of which in the environmental field.
Main research areas:
– assessment, monitoring and management of biodiversity, biological resources and ecosystem services;
– natural and semi-natural ecosystems;
– invasive species;
– natural and man-made risks;
– management of aquatic and semi-aquatic ecosystems in the context of climate change;
– evaluation of the interactions between the ecosphere
– socio-economic systems as a foundation for sustainable development.